But first, let’s be clear: if you have not reached the age of majority where you live, you cannot use our products and services:
If you are the parent of a minor, and
- you become aware that your minor child has provided us personal information, please contact us at email@example.com to have the account and all related personal information deleted; we will proceed immediately;
- you would like your child or ward to use our products and services for pediatric use of medicinal cannabis, you may only use our products and services if we provide to you an activation code and you use such code during use of our products or services, as described in section 4 of this Policy, to give access to your account to the treating physician.
- If we become aware that a user of our products and services has not reached the age of majority, we will immediately delete the account and all related personal information.
1. We collect personal information from…
- visitors to our website, including:
- your internet service provider, Internet Protocol (IP) address, location, internet browser type and version, and operating system in order to assist your navigation of our website, as well as to determine what products are available near you;
- the date and time of your visit and the pages you visit on our website to help us improve our website by learning about web site visits;
- the website from which you came to our website to understand our online environment and user forum; and
- the search terms you used to find our website to best respond to your preferences.
We collect and store this information using cookies. A cookie is a small text file stored on your computer to identify your device, help you navigate our site or prepare customized Web pages and save site login information for you. This means that the next time you log in we can remember who you are and adapt to your preferences.
We may use both “session ID cookies” and “persistent cookies” A session cookie lets our website recognize you as you move from page to page so that you are not treated as a new visitor every time you click on a new internal link.
A persistent cookie allows our website to understand your preferences, settings and information so you can gain rapid access to your preferred subjects at your next visit.
You can disable cookies through your browser. If you do so, however, some features of the website that rely on cookies will no longer be available to you.
- individuals who register as a user of our products and services, including:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, country of residence;
- Year and month of birth to ensure you have reached the age of majority;
- Gender to provide you relevant results;
- Location information, using only cellular tower proximity, for purposes of providing relevant content based on your physical location;
- Your medical cannabis use as you have provided through the Strainprint App you downloaded, to provide you back your results;
- Personal content that you choose to upload, such as text, pictures or video; and
- Optional - relevant personal interests to provide you the products or services you are interested in.
- individuals who purchase or redeem for our products and services, including:
- Complete name of the purchaser;
- Shipping address to deliver the product, to send the product to the right person;
- Billing address, email address and phone number to communicate with the purchaser; and
- If relevant, any payment information.
- individuals who post comments or feedback or otherwise communicate with us, including:
- User posts to our user forum, Strainprint Community, which become public information, with no restriction on reproducing, publishing, uploading, posting, contest entries;
- Comments, such as suggestions, proposals, plans, or other materials, whether online, by email, by postal mail; and
- Transmitting or in any way publicly displaying the above information by anyone else.
2. How to opt out…
- Opt-out of promotional communications from Strainprint by clicking “unsubscribe” on our emails;
- Disable cookies through your browser;
- Request that your medical cannabis use tracked by our App be modified or removed from Strainprint records by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- Have your account deleted by contacting email@example.com.
- Opting out of these functions may mean that you will not be able to take advantage of all our products and services of the site, or certain of their features.
- When you choose to opt-out from promotional mailings, you will continue to receive administrative emails related to the usage and functionality of the App.
3. Why we collect…
- Technical information about your visit to our website:
- to protect you by verifying your identity and age of majority;
- to analyse how our website is used and optimize your experience on our web site and with our App; and
- to ensure our compliance with the law in providing access to our site, products and services.
- Information about you:
- to communicate with you; and
- to manage your account.
- Information about your purchases of our products and services:
- to deliver them;
- to understand your interests and provide you information or advertising relating to Strainprint products or services; and
- to screen orders for potential risk or fraud.
4. We only disclose your personal information if…
Required for third parties to help us provide our services. We may need to share information about you and your transaction with other companies for the purpose of processing your transaction, including vendor direct shipping, credit card authorization and fraud prevention. This may involve transmissions over various networks and changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
When we share your personal information with third parties. it is only to help us provide you with our products and services and we only share the personal Information that is required to provide those services. In addition, we use contractual provisions to ensure that third parties protect your personal information at the same high level that we do.
For example, our online store is powered by Shopify. You can read about how Shopify uses Visitor Personal Information here.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how visitors use our website. You can read about how Google uses your Visitor Personal Information here. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here.
- Required by law. In the rare occasions that we would be required to share personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, such as to respond to a court order or other lawful request for information, we would only do so on the basis of demonstrated lawful authority to request the information.
- Strainprint undergoes a business transaction. Were Strainprint to engage in a merger, acquisition or sale, the licence regarding Tracked Data may be among the assets transferred.
- Where you choose to use the App with an optional Activation Code. If you choose to use our app with an optional Activation Code, then your medical cannabis use information will be shared with your medical practitioner, medical clinic, product producer or other individual or organization, whom gave you that code and with whom you desire to share such information.
5. We Keep Your Personal Information for only as long as…
…You use our services. If your account becomes inactive for one year, we will communicate with you to ask you whether you would like to delete your account or keep it open. If you choose to have your account deleted or do not respond to us within 30 days, then we will proceed to deletion immediately.
6. Third Party Websites.
This Policy applies only to information collected by Strainprint. Our website and App may contain links to other third-party websites that we do not own or control. These websites have their own privacy practices. We encourage you to read them.
We store all personal information associated with our products and services on servers located within Canada at secure data centers.
8. How we protect your personal information
We use advanced technology for Internet security that corresponds to the high sensitivity of the information you entrust to us. This includes secure areas with entry/exit control, third-party encryption of payment forms, password protected file systems, decentralized database design and confidentiality rules for our employees. If we ever learn of a security breach, we would notify affected users without delay.
9. Your rights
Your personal information is always yours! You have the right to access it, to transmit it to anyone of your choice, to have it corrected as necessary or to have it deleted. You also have the right to let us know if you have any concerns about how we protect it.
To exercise your right to access your data or to share it with anyone that you like, simply click on the Profile icon in the top right corner of the home screen of the App and navigate to “Export Data.” Click on Export Data and fill in the address to which you want your personal information transmitted. Your personal information will be provided in a neat .pdf report and delivered to the email address that you enter.
If you want to have your information corrected or deleted, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To inquire or to express concerns about the protection of your personal information at Strainprint, please contact us at email@example.com or call +1 888.420.0564.
10. Changes to Policy
We will update this Policy to always reflect our privacy practices. We encourage you to regularly check back.
Last Updated June 2019